If my job were "mommy blogging" I would be fired! I went out so strong with my first post to my own blog (this one vs. Massimo's), and then gave up. Maybe, it was the fact that my newborn / baby has turned into a pre-toddler; crawling all around, climbing everything in sight, throwing tantrums when I don't give him solid food. My life has turned into busyness!!
Regardless, I'm gonna keep at it! Below are my thoughts on our favorite topics...
1. Shopping / Good finds for baby
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2302496
2. Development / Toys for baby
Although we're so far from our family, Massimo gets to see them everyday! One thing I highly recommend doing is...
- Create a photo album of everyone you want your baby to know closely. I go through the photo album everyday and talk about each person, what they mean to us and what we're going to do with them next time we see them. I swear he knows people's names and smiles the entire time I show him the book - it makes Mommy happy too! :)
3. Career or personal advice for mom
One thing my manager tells me often is how relaxed and calm I am as a mom... it must be the meds I take each day before work (just kidding!). In all honesty, being a mother has calmed me in many ways - I used to be intense, dramatic, and never able to relax. Believe me, I still have those qualities but just toned down a bit!
A few things I like to remember and do before I head out for the day; 1. is to remember that my baby will learn different things when I'm not around (from daddy or the nanny) and that it's so good for him. 2. reflect on your babies daily routine as you go in and out of meetings. 3. Listen to calm / spa music on the way to and from work - it will allow your mind to relax and also keep you from driving too fast!
4. Health / Fitness for family
This week I attempted my first Juice Cleanse! It's day 3 and I'm scoring myself a A-. The first day was extremely hard - no caffeine, lots of water and of course juice all day long. My head hurt, I was tired / weak, and wanted to "chew" more than ever! Day 2 was a piece of cake, I looked forward to my tea, water w/ lemon, juices and had the most energy I've had in a long time. I also worked out for an hour! Day 3, today, I've already cheated - I'm weaning back caffeine and I had a few bites of oatmeal along with veggie juice. I plan to go strong all day with a small salad with protein for dinner.
Overall, I think cleansing is a great way to take a break from all the food we put in our bodies everyday and just be simple! I know I've enjoyed the break as well as the time to meditate on health and well being. Email me if you want to hear what the juices consisted of!
5. Faith for family
Many of us come from different faiths and once you have a child you realize how important spirituality becomes to your marriage and family. How do you add faith into your life that is meaningful everyday? It's a challenge but not impossible to add faith into your daily routine as a mom!
Personally, I start each day counting the blessings in my life. Throughout the day I remind myself to pray for the simple things; safety, health and happiness for my family & friends!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Enjoy your weekend!
Mamma Leone
No comments:
Post a Comment