Monday, April 27, 2009

Let's Get Started...

I don't know about you, but my brain is like a roller coaster all day long, thinking about my family constantly -- new ways to challenge babies thinking, shopping & taking out summer clothes, trying to balance health & fitness, and making a point to add God into our lives every single day! In trying to organize and keep track of all my thoughts, I'm making a point to write each thing down in a little notebook I carry in my bag... try it for a week, I swear it's so helpful!

The topics below, are what I find to be the HOT items always going off in my little brain. My goal is to provide my "weekly" advice on each...

1. Shopping / Good finds for baby

-How many outfits does your baby go through daily? 3, 5, 12? In our house, we go through about 3-4. One outfit I always find easy and comfortable for baby is this one piece from target. We tend to wear it more to bed, but I always find myself going back to Target to buy more... the designs they carry are great!

http://www.target.com/Newborn-Boys-Just-One-Year/dp/B001PN1BM2/ref=sc_qi_detaillink?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=12KH0XR21KC4Y7AHM417&pf_rd_p=436115101&pf_rd_i=B001PN1BM2&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101

*Price is usually $5 each in-store.


2. Development / Toys for baby

-Last week I bought Massimo a rubber ball to play with. When I tell you this ball has been the center of the world, I am not lying! One game we love playing is sitting with our legs open and we roll the ball back and forth... or "he" tries to roll it back. He also loves when I throw it in the air! So simple and yet goes so far... here's a video of our game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_VGKUBaaM

3. Career or personal advice for mom

-Take a bath with your baby! You might already be in a routine with bath time, and God knows how hard it is to change that routine. However, maybe once a week (especially after a long day of work), surprise your baby and join them in the tub. It is one of our favorite family activities!

4. Health / Fitness for family

-One of the biggest parts of my life is fitness! Without exercise everyday, I feel tired, bad about myself, and unproductive. About a month ago, my husband and I joined a gym where we can bring the babe to the nursery ($7 / 2 hrs). Not only does it give us time together, but Massimo LOVES the nursery.

5. Faith for family

-Prayer is always been in my life. I remember when I was a little girl, my mom/dad would tuck me in and ALWAYS say a prayer for me. When my son was born a month early, the first thing I did that night was pray for him as he lay there in the NICU. To this day, he hears my voice in his ear every single night... I pray for his health, safety, loving nature and that he will grow up to love God with all of his heart.

The great thing about prayer, is that you can do this across ALL faiths!

Have a great week!!
~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment