
I remember so clearly when this dream started... I was about 7 years old, and watched my Aunt Sheri marry an Italian man, Bob Marino. Uncle Bobsly came from a large Italian family with two amazing sisters, now my favorite aunts! I would listen to the Marino's each holiday as they enthusiastically yelled over each other's voices and in a lot of ways brought LIFE to us Van Houten's!

The Marino's, like most Italian families, have many family traditions. The one that is forever in my mind is Sunday Supper. For as long as I remember, Sheri would slave over her stove after church, making and perfecting her famous Italian Sauce & Meatballs!
This tradition has inspired ME to fulfill my dream of cooking for my own Italian Family... Mamma Leone's homemade sauce & meatballs every Sunday!
The stuffed shells were a bonus for Massi this week!
Thanks Aunt Sheri & The Marino's for allowing me to dream as a little Dutch girl... and THANK YOU to my husband for falling in love with me and allowing us to have our own Sunday Italian dinners! I know your Mom would be proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment